Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Goodbye and thank you my old friend

The day I have dreaded for the last two years has come. Rex's legs has over the last few days gotten worse and now reached a point where he has a really hard time walking and even standing. He has very little control over his rear legs and struggles to keep his balance. Fortunately he does not seem to be in much pain, but this is not a life of a dog. Keeping him longer is not what is best for him. Deprived from running and walking he seems miserable and the right thing to do is to let him go to sleep forever. He have had such a great life. I like to think he was fortunate to come to me. I'm sure I have extended his life several years feeding him the food he was designed for. I never expected him to live to the age of 12. For 8 years we walked 3 times a day rain, snow or shine, never missed it once. He also never ever missed a meal. Was only sick one time! He's been an unbelievable easy dog to have, don't bark, never whined once!! Gosh I'll miss this guy. I'm planning on taking him to the vet tomorrow. Damn, I hate this part of owning a dog.

No comments: