Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rex not ready!

This just blows my mind. This morning when I took Rex out he could barely walk. This convinced me that I had come to the right conclusion to let him go. I took him over to the vet to put him to sleep. I asked the vet to come outside and take a look at Rex walking, just to get the confirmation from him that I was doing the right thing. I have known him for a long time and trust his judgment. I got Rex out of the truck, which pretty much entails carry all his 130 lbs and set him down. Rex must have understood that this a life and death situation because he decided to walk around with such drive and determination that he almost made me look like a fool. His limping was much less and he walked with a speed I have not seen i awhile. I guess he is not ready to go. So, we decided to put Rex on Rimadyl and see what happens. I have mixed feelings about Rimadyl, but I have seen dogs doing great on it so I own it to Rex to try. I also asked the vet about acupuncture and he said he have seen dogs doing very well after a few sessions. So, we made another appointment for Monday to start Rex on that.
Well done Rex! You're such a fighter!

The acupuncture Dr. just called and said she had a cancellation and we will start tomorrow, yeah!

No comments: