Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday July 28th


6:00 pm.

Morning Snack

I feed my dogs once a day, with one small snack meal in the morning. The main reason for this meal is to provide them with supplements that are best taken twice a day. I mix these supplements into their snack.
This snack consist of:

5-6 ounces of ground beef.

I will complete this with pictures later tomorrow.


7:30

Morning walk.

Rex seems to have a good day today so we will go on a longer walk. The temperature in the mornings are comfortable compared to the midday and afternoons high 80s. Rex has some unidentified issue with his right front paw. It is very sensitive to small pebbles and rocks. If we go on a trail with gravel spots I put a booth on him so his paw has a some cushion. This seems to help a lot and he does not limp.


Camelot is much more active and curious about everything along the trails than Rex is. He runs upfront, but not very far. He actually has become much better at stopping and waiting for me. Before he sometimes ran too far ahead and I had to call him back. Now he runs just the right distance and stops and wait. He must have figured this out somehow.

We met a lot of bikers and a few other dogs today. My boys are so friendly and well behaved that I get compliments every time. Most people are fascinated by Great Danes and find it intriguing that I have two. When they hear that I adopt rescues they always compliment me for doing that. I often hear "I wish I could do that, but my house in too small". I reply "I'm sure it is not" and I tell them I live with my two in a RV. That produces some interesting looks and replies. It's not about the space inside, it's all about exercising them outside. And Great Danes really do not need much of it. Mine are getting way more than they need and I know that's why they are so good and never causes any problems.


After the morning walks, in true Great Dane fashion my Danes hit the couch and stay there until 3-4 in the afternoon. I don't know any dog owner that can't handle that. Want a perfect dane? Give him/her exercise, food and a good couch.

No comments: